I don't know how it happened, but, somehow, 2016 has passed, and 2017 is here. As always, we have several long lists of things we want to accomplish this year. I'm going to break these goals down into categories and share a few highlights from each. You'll notice some repeats from last year that I didn't manage to accomplish.
1) Let's be honest for a sec--I'm still sporting a few extra pounds of baby weight. It's kind of confusing because the clothes I wore before Afton still fit, but, when I step on the scale, the number I see is a little higher than I'd like. I'm not doing anything drastic, and I don't have time or patience to count calories, so we're giving this lifestyle a try. I kind of hate what it's called, though, so I feel embarrassed every time I say it. But hopefully this along with getting back into running and continuing to swim will do the trick.
Now that we've discussed how I'm joining 3/4 of America this year by losing weight, let's talk about the less personal but more unique ones.
2) Mornings- I loooove early mornings. I'd wake up in time to make coffee, write in my journal, and watch the sunrise every morning and be totally happy with it. Enter: newborn and toddler and suddenly feeling rested takes higher priority than waking up early for some alone time. And, really, I don't require a whole ton of alone time. I'm extroverted by nature and thrive when life is full of change, and I'm chasing after 497 ideas, dreams, and goals. But, when I've neglected me time I find myself growing impatient quickly and snapping at my husband and children, and that's not good. It's not who I am or who I want to be, so, this year, I'm going to make mornings a priority. Thankfully, both girls still nap, so, if worst comes to worst, I'll just join in on the afternoon nap.
1) Chemical-free- I know this is kind of trendy right now, but there has been some interesting research done on harsh chemicals in homes and the long-term effects they have on health. So, this year I'm planning to do some research of my own and find gentler but still effective, chemical-free cleaning products.
2) Projects- We bought our house almost 4 years ago, and it's nice. It's a cute little Cape Cod style home, and we love it. But it's time to make some more changes to make it ours. We're planning to paint the kitchen, living room and dining rooms early this year, and we're hoping to add a window in the kitchen and another one in Husband's office.
1) East Africa- As you may recall from last year's list, we were planning to go to East Africa. That plan had to be cancelled because we soon learned that Adia would be joining our family within a week of returning from our planned trip, so we postponed it to this year It still may not happen, but we're going to try.
2) Anniversary- This summer we'll celebrate 5 years of marriage, and we're determined to go someplace overnight just the two of us. I can't wait!!
1) Blog- I have lots of big plans for As Told By Amy this year. I'm planning to continue the 2 posts/week minimum, but I also want to build my ATBA subscribers' email list, create a newsletter, and create and begin selling a couple of products on my site. Stay tuned!
2) Photography- I'm planning to really grow the photography side of As Told By Amy this year. This will include making it an LLC and lining up regular shoots and portrait sessions. Let me know if you're interested!!
That's honestly not even close to all of them, but it's a good start. What's on your resolutions and goals list for this year? Let me know in the comments!