Well, guys, I have finally ventured into the world of baby-wearing; it really is all it's cracked up to be. Since my little one is currently sleeping peacefully beside me, I thought now would be a good time to fill you in on my experience so far with my baby carrier of choice, the Baby K'Tan.
First of all, choosing a baby carrier is a bit like choosing a favorite cloud in the summer sky; the options are overwhelmingly numerous and diverse. So, the first step I took was research. My wonderful mother-in-law gave us a front-pack, so I knew that I wanted a wrap of some type since 1) we already had a front-pack and 2) Baby has to have some measure of head control before using a front-pack becomes a very great option. As I mentioned above, we finally decided on the Baby K'Tan; I would love to tell you why.
1) Sizing is simple- I wanted a wrap carrier that would fit me right out of the box without having to tie knots or tighten/loosen straps; Husband said that he didn't plan to use the wrap but preferred to wait until Little A fit into the front-pack, so I didn't worry about choosing a wrap that would fit myself as well as my strong, burly husband. The Baby K'Tan is sized based on t-shirt size; so easy!
2) No knot-tying- I love the way the tie-on wraps hold baby close to momma's heart, but I really wasn't comfortable with my baby's safety being dependent on my ability to tie a knot. The Baby K'Tan holds the newborn in the same position as the tie-on wraps, but I don't have to tie them in there.
3) Multiple carry positions- As it turns out, in purchasing the Baby K'Tan I actually ended up acquiring a wrap, a sling, and a front-pack all in one. The versatility of this one carrier was a huge selling point for me; I can put Little A in it and hold her in the newborn position for now, and, when she gets bigger, I'll be able to use it like a front pack with her facing me or with her facing the front! There's even a way to do a hip carry!
4) Ergonomically correct for both of us- The Baby K'tan evenly distributes Baby's weight so that nothing is strained for the carrier, and Baby is in proper alignment, as well. Everyone is comfy!
5) Price- Baby carriers can be super pricey, but the K'tan is competitively priced, and, so far, I would have to say it's been worth every penny.
6) Simple- Putting Baby into the K’Tan is very simple; I can put my wiggly, floppy newborn in it without any help. And, to make things even better, it folds neatly into a built-in pocket, so it fits compactly into a diaper bag.
If you are looking for a safe, simple, versatile baby carrier, I highly recommend the Baby K'Tan. Check it out on Amazon here.